The ISM is state-recognised as a University of Applied Sciences for an unlimited period by the Ministry of Science and Culture of North Rhine-Westphalia. ISM has its headquarters in Dortmund. As a result of the state recognition, the degrees in distance learning are on an equal footing with degrees obtained at a state-recognised distance learning university or a state university.
ISM was founded in 1990 under the name “IDB-Wirtschaftsakademie” in Dortmund by Prof. Dr. Klaus Evard. In 1994 it was officially recognised as a private university under the new name ISM. Today we can look back on 30 years of educational competence and by reaching many milestones we have established ourselves as one of the best private Business schools in Germany. Right from the start, we have focused on application-oriented teaching, international networking and the promotion of applied research.
Whether with or without a university entrance qualification (German “Abitur”), full-time or flexibly part-time – our goal is to accompany and support our students professionally and personally in their development. We see the training of future specialists and managers as one of our core tasks and therefore assume responsibility. The highly qualified specialists after graduation are of great importance for national and international companies.
As a dynamic university, another supporting pillar is the continuous further development of the range of services and the strategic orientation. Our vision is to become one of the leading Business schools in Germany with a focus on internationality and networking with practice and to be the first choice for students. Please note in this context that the teaching language of our Bachelor programs is German (language level B2).
In the ISM distance learning program, you study at a university that has unlimited period of state recognition as a University of Applied Sciences. Our distance learning programs, like all other programs at the ISM University, are currently undergoing an accreditation process. The learning content, the conception of the programs, the examination formats as well as the personnel and technical equipment are examined in detail by a team of experts. Since March 2021 you can apply for our degree programs and start your studies in winter semester on the first of September 2021.
supports us in our understanding as a distance learning school and describes the core elements and the demands on the quality of our distance learning.
– We see individual coaching as an essential key to success. Right from the start, we rely on personal, competent and comprehensive support.
– With their own responsibility for the learning processes, students have the opportunity to shape the recognised distance learning flexibly and individually. Due to the high degree of independence and self-organisation, important skills are developed for the world of work, which are rated positively by many employers.
– Our distance learning is lively. The exchange and networking with other students are core elements of our philosophy. Learn together, make a difference together.
– Flexibility is another pillar of our guiding principle as a state-recognised university. We have divided the learning content with a modular structure. This gives students the opportunity to choose what content they want to start with and when. In addition to the compulsory modules, four elective modules deepen the topic according to your own interests.
– In our distance learning courses, we rely on a high level of quality and timeliness of modern content. We are constantly developing these further in cooperation with renowned professors and well-known experts from the respective subject areas. Our services go far beyond the standard. We have already received several awards for this and are regularly audited by independent bodies.
– We understand education as something completely individual. Our goal is to ensure the high quality of our recognised distance learning programs through constant further development of teaching, research and administrative capacities.
© ISM International School of Management GmbH – non-profit organization